Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field phone calls and open, resolve, and close trouble tickets.
- Provide great detail in documenting customer incidents during escalation to other internal groups.
- Troubleshoot customer’s issues from the network (WAN/LAN) by verifying connectivity and performance through to the customer’s end user device (reviewing performance logs, checking for viruses, etc.).
- Troubleshoot both network and local printers.
- Update both internal and external customers on progress or repairs.
- Research and diagnose issues independently via the Internet.
- Assist team in developing and refining processes and procedures related to troubleshooting and documenting.
- Remote into customer computers and assist in identifying issues that may impact core RapidScale services.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
A strong candidate will need the following: Understanding of how computers work (must be able to assemble a computer from scratch and install operating system.) Strong organizational, time management, and phone correspondence skills. The candidate will also need a good understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Exchange 2010/2013, as well as previous versions and Citrix Desktop. MAC Mail a plus but not a requirement. A college degree or equivalent work experience is required.
The ideal candidate will possess: A positive Attitude, strong sense of urgency, and a creative mindset. This position requires strong written and oral communications skillsets. Flexible schedule a must.
Helpdesk technicians need to work well with others and be able to assist customers that can be frustrated and upset due to the incident, by being calm, cool, and understanding. Internally, this position requires interfacing with several other departments and different personalities.
Fast paced, positive, high energy environment. This position may have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
- Employee may lift up to 20 pounds.
- Employee may need to carry up to 20 pounds (i.e. carrying laptop and other equipment).
- Employee may push/pull up to 25 pounds.
- Employee may stand up to 1.5 hours.
- Employee may walk up to 1.5 hours.
- Employee may need to drive 2 hours.
- Employee may perform repetitive bending up to 1 hours.
- Employee may sit up to 8 hours.
- Employee may spend up to 8 performing computer work/typing.
- Employee may spend up to 8 hours on the telephone.
- Employee may need to climb N/A flights of stairs.